Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

K7OX - Gary Elliott - Spokane - USA

K7AWB, Steve, reports "K7OX, Gary Elliott, died yesterday in Spokane, WA at this home.
    Gary was a founder and the first President of the Spokane DX Association (SDXA) in 2002 and served more than four years as President throughout the years.
    He was the first Chairman of the SDXA-sponsored PNW DX Convention (2009) in Spokane Valley.
    The convention is an annual event which rotates among the leading DX clubs in the PNW.
    Gary was a past member of the Central Arizona DX Association (CADXA), serving as VP in 1984.
    Gary was a HF contester who often used a helium balloon and a wire tether to work the 160 meter contest. Like many of you, he needed only Bouvet for Number 1 Honor Roll.
    He and his wife Barbara (KE7AJ) were featured on the March page of the 2006 CQ Calendar.
    They were also featured on the cover of CQ on the May 2006 issue.
    All three of the original SDXA founders have passed away in the last two months: Gary, Lamar Ray WA7LT (former W9LT), and Dan Hearn N5AR.
    They will be missed.

K7OX Gary Elliott, Spokane, USA

73 Al 4L5A
  •  

Gary was my Great Uncle. He inspired me to get my Technician, and later my General Class license. I didn't know him too well, but I'm glad that I was one of the many he passed the hobby onto. May he rest in peace.

Comment

Working...
    X