Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

YB2CW - Halim Dani Hidayat - Kebumen - Indonesia

Halim Dani Hidayat, YB2CW ex YB2TJV from Kebumen, Java Island, Indonesia passed away.
    Information received from Steve, N2AJ.
    YB2CW/SK (ex-YB2TJV): It is with great sadness that I have learned that my dear friend and fellow radio operator Halim “Dani” Hidayat YB2CW (ex-YB2TJV) of Kebumen, Indonesia has become a Silent Key. Dani was a great ambassador of good will for Amateur Radio and Indonesia. He was the IARU Region 3 Disaster Comms Chairman. I met Dani many years ago. Dani invited my XYL Margaret and I to come visit him during our very first QSO on the radio. He said to come visit him when I come over to visit my in-laws in Malaysia. He said, "I'm just across the water." That was so nice of him. So that is what we did. We visited Dani for four days in July 2008. He took us all around the Yogyakarta, Central Java region to see all the sights. We saw ancient temples, a Royal Palace, museums, to see a traditional puppet show, to hear Gamelan music, and to walk around an active volcano. I even made a few DX contacts at his station. He brought the entire Kebumen Radio Club together to meet us. We have been close friends ever since. Dani will remain in our hearts for all time. We will never forget his friendship, kindness and generosity. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
    73 my friend, Steve N2AJ (ex-WB2ZHB)

N2AJ with YB2CW Kebumen, Indonesia
    73 Al 4L5A
Working...
X