Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

N4ZC - Roger J. Burt - 8 August 2017

N4ZC (ex W4SYL, KP4AOO, VP1SYL, W5UDK), Roger J. Burt, became a Silent Key on August 8th 2017. He was 79. "Roger was a super op, a one of the good guys and fun to be around" remembers N4FX, Chet.
    Roger was a United States Coast Guard radioman.
    He had a contest station located on 16 acres in Mount Holly, North Carolina.
    Roger was at the top of the DXCC Honor Roll with 339/372 (current/total) countries confirmed and was one of the first to receive 5 BDXCC.
    He enjoyed contesting and operated from KP4, V2, KH7/K, KH4M.
    N4ZC Roger J. Burt 8 August 2017
    73 Al 4L5A
  •  

Roger was good friend
    I work him in many contests
    RIP my friend
    73 Al 4L5A
    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Message from Paul, NO0T
      I knew Roger when I lived in North Carolina and sorry to hear his passing. He was an extrodinary person with many neat
      73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

I've known Roger, N4ZC, since 1971 when his mother, Ruth, was my QSL manager when I was stationed in the Azores as CT2BH. I met him on several occasions most notably at the Virginia Beach Hamfest in 1985. He presented a great program on the various DXers he'd met over the years. He had a gigantic music collection on top of all his ham radio operations. I'd been out of touch (ham radio wise) for several years and recently learned of his passing. What a great guy! RIP Brother.

Comment

Working...
        X