Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

AA6DX - Mark Nelson - Eureka - California - USA

Mark L. Nelson, AA6DX ex WR6ALP, from Eureka, California, USA passed away after a struggle with Covid-19.
    He born in 1942.
    Information from his qrz page:
    Licensed in `64 --Hammin' for over 57 years. M A N Y contests as AA6DX, the call I have held since 1977, back when Extras could request callsigns (not "vanity")--was WB6 "Nice Happy Fellow" for 13 years before that -- ARRL Lifer {ex SCM SF Section ... now the position is known as SM}, AKA WN6NHF, WB6NHF, K6E, K6H, WR6ALP, T32AM, V3ØEO, V3EO, and have been an operator at W1AW, NN3SI, WC7ARS, KL7RA, KN6M, /HI, /KH6, /KL7, /W 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Ø, /V3, /VY1, /VE7, /VE8, Goodyear Blimp Columbia, et al. Navy MARS, NØHLE, then NNNØHLE. XYL of 61+ years = Elaine, WA6MJB, ("Only enough for the West", aka "THE COFFEE LADY")..--this was her original callsign, recently got it back ..and prior to that bride was aka WL7BZR,and prior to that KA6IXM.

I still like -- and use, while contesting -- a LOT !-- CW !! Also, enjoy rag chewing with my ham radio friends, both new and old .. and fondly remember the years I taught ham classes at College of the Redwoods & other places. Having fun messin' with my "nostalgia" stations .. [cannot afford "antiques" HIHIHI ] Galaxy rigs my favorites.. Was fun to drive my (new) 1968 Hemi Charger round and round the 4 Corners Monument, being "mobile /7/Ø/5, 4 states, in seconds .. using my NEW Galaxy V MK II .. with my Webster antenna! Have a Hallicrafters SX-96 and a primo SX-100, a Knight Kit T-150A, and way too much other stuff (wifey sez).

Hey .. Tradio is FUN - Enjoy swap meets, etc..! Always looking for the next gadget!

.. Also, NRA member .. and proud to have my California CCW permit, have had that for 30 years.

AA6DX Mark Nelson, Eureka, California, USA
    73 Al 4L5A
Working...
X