Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

K3WI - William Schwartz - Seaford - USA

Bill William M. Schwartz, K3WI from Seaford, Delaware, USA passed away 21 November 2021.
    He born in 1959.
    Information from his qrz page:
    2017-->Current Delaware

1988-->2016 Maryland-K3WI, AD3N(1988-2000)

1984-->1987 Virginia-AD3N

1968-->1983 Delaware-WN3KRY, WA3UKY, AD3N

ex AD3N, WA3UKY, and WN3KRY

First licensed in Dover, Delaware at 9 years old in July of 1968 as WN3KRY.

Fell in love with Ham Radio watching my father K3JI(SK), early mornings talking with people from around the world. It fascinated me then as it does now.

Upgraded to General License WA3UKY in 1970 and then Extra in 1975. Changed call to AD3N and then finally to K3WI in 2000.

CW is my passion and I really enjoy contesting!

Information received from James Arthur Nitzberg, WX3B.

Dear friends,
    It is with a very heavy heart that I announce the loss my good friend and radio brother Bill Schwartz K3WI.
    As many of you heard, Bill was recently diagnosed with A.L.S. and he had a brave fight for the last year as he faced his grim prognosis with bravery and dignity.
    Bill was very fortunate to have his love Kathie Boyle with him throughout the entire ordeal. She stepped up to the plate, and cared for him with love, kindness and compassion
    right up until the very end.
    Services are going to be limited to the immediate family - and there will be a more public celebration of his life to be announced in the future.
    If you have interest in attending the (future) life celebration for Bill, please email me and I will maintain a list of parties to contact.
    RIP Bill!

K3WI William Schwartz, Seaford, Delaware, USA
    73 Al 4L5A
Working...
X