• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

K3LP - David Collingham

David Collingham, K3LP passed away.
    Information from James Arthur Nitzberg, WX3B:
    I am very sad to report my dear friend David K3LP is a silent Key. David, was one of my 'inner circle' closest friends and I credit him with giving me the "BIG SPEECH" to find a good YL!! He took me and N3SB on our first DX-pedition in 2003. I enjoyed several phone calls, dozens of texts much Facebook chatter with him every month, along with the occasional lunch and in-person visit!

My deepest condolences to his Wife Rebecca his awesome son Ryan and sweet daughter Mandy!!

K3LP David Collingham

73 Al 4L5A
  •  

Information from Bernie, W3UR The Daily DX:
    By now many of you may have heard that DXpeditioner, Contester and CQ DX Hall of Famer K3LP, David Collingham, became a Silent Key. On Friday night Dave let his dog outside. After a period of the dog not returning Dave went out in his truck to search for the dog. Upon realizing his dog had fallen through a pond he tried to rescue his beloved pet. A little while later Daves wife Rebecca went looking for Dave. She found the truck and then called 911. Shortly afterwards a rescue began

Unfortunately Dave did not survive. He was 59.
    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

• N4PJ
      N4PJ commented
      Editing a comment
      A DXers DXer! A terrific loss. He was a great guy, a great ham and a great sense of humor.
  •  

Information from WX3B.
    For everyone that has interest in helping K3LP children Ryan and Mandy, Rebecca setup PayPal account.

K3LP David Collingham Help Family

73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

A celebration of the life of K3LP, David Collingham, is being held most of today in northern Maryland at a farm park near Dave's QTH, hosted by his widow, Rebecca.
      73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

On Sun, Dec 29, 2019, 21:22 Ancletus Ernest wrote:
        I'm J69Z Ancletus Ernest was very good friend of K3LP who is now a SL. David Collingham has been my Elma in ham radio.
        My first CQ World wide contest was with David Collingham in 1996 here at my house.
        From then David has held my hands through out my radio life. He died trying to save his dog which went through the ice in the back yard. David Collingham died on the 5/January/2018.
        I'm having a one man event every year from 2018 in memory of David Collingham from the 1-5 January every year. I would like to spread this message world wide so this special event would be a good one.
        I thank you behalf of K3LP David Collingham
        J69Z Ernest 73
        73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

J69Z Ernest will be running a special event from 1-6/1/2020 in memory of K3LP David Collingham.
          David Collingham died on the 5 January 2018.
          He was trying to save his dog and went through the ice.
          J69Z Ernest
          73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Missing you on your birthday.
            Steve Hass, N2AJ.

K3LP 6 October 2021
            73 Al 4L5A

Comment

Working...
            X