Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

RP78WK - Nechaevka - Russia

Yuri Kormakov, RA4FUT will be active with special Memorial call sign RP78WK from selo Nechaevka, Penzenskaya oblast, Russia, 1 - 9 May 2023, commemorating 78th Anniversary of the Victory in the Second World War and in honor of the hero of USSR Vasiliy Ivanovitch Kashenkov.
    He will operate on HF Bands.
    QSL via RA4FUT.
    Kashenkov Wasily Ivanovich - the deputy commander of a battalion of the 117th shooting Luninetsky Order of Kutuzov of a regiment (the 23rd shooting Kiev and Zhitomir division Decorated with the Order of the Red Banner, the 61st army, the 1st Belarusian front), the captain.
    I was born on July 25, 1918 in the village of Nechaevka of the Mokshan region of the Penza region in a country family. It is called up for military service in September, 1939. I ended courses of second lieutenants of the Transbaikal military district.

In field army since November, 1942. I battled on Central, the 1st Belarusian, the 3rd and the 1st Baltic, again the 1st Belarusian fronts as a part of the 149th and 23rd shooting divisions. It is four times wounded.

Especially I caused a stir during Warsaw and Poznan operation.

At break of defense of the opponent to the south of Warsaw on January 14 - 15, 1945 the deputy commander of a battalion captain W. I. Kashenkov brought companies to a boundary of attack and the first went in to the attack, a personal example entraining fighters of a battalion. On January 16, having replaced the wounded commander of a battalion, I assumed command of a battalion and skillfully I operated fight, having reflected counterattack of the opponent.

The decree of Presidium of the Supreme Council of the USSR of March 24, 1945 for skillful command of division, the courage and heroism shown in Warsaw and Poznan operation, to Kashenkov Wasily Ivanovich gave the rank of the Hero of the Soviet Union with delivery of the Order of Lenin and the medal "Gold Star".

I died on December 29, 1993. It is buried on a cemetery of the village of Nechaevka.

RP78WK Nechaevka, Russia
    73 Al 4L5A
Working...
X