Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

2R0HQA - Cefn Glas - Wales

Cark Cowling, 2W0HQA will be active using special call sign 2R0HQA from Cefn Glas, Bridgent, Wales, 1 May - 30 June 2023, celebrating the coronation of King Charles and Queen Camilla. The actual coronation will. take place in Westminster Abbey on the 6th May 2023.
    He will operate on HF, VHF Bands.
    QSL via 2W0HQA, eQSL.
    DXCC Country - Wales, GW.
    QTH Locator - IO81em.
    Information from his QRZ page:
    Hi,

My Name is Carl. I live in Bridgend, South Wales. U.K.

It has been approximately 30 years since I used a radio that wasn't a PMR446. (Ex Air Cadets)

I have recently passed my Intermediate Licence (Previously known as MW7URL)

My hobbies and interests are quite varied, I am a registered Archery instructor, I enjoy filming and photography. I have a UK Drone license and enjoy filming around the south Wales valleys, especially in old coal mining areas.

After hearing local activity on a voice repeater nearby using my scanner, I decided to get back to radio as it's something I've always enjoyed.

Other hobbies and interests that keep me entertained are upcycling items from our local recycling centre, anything aviation-based, and theatrical lighting and sound for local schools and drama groups.

So.... Busy all the time, a little mic shy at the moment, but really getting into the swing of things here quickly.

Just love the fact that there's always someone to chat to and most of the time, people are willing to offer help and guidance.

Currently operating only on 2M and 70cm + digital, looking to get into data modes and possibly some voice soon. Current set up is an Anytone 878uvii plus and a pi zero based dual hat MMDVM.

I use an Icom IC-7000 with the AT7000 tuner connected currently to a 49:1 EFHW but waiting for the warmer weather to update and change over antennas. I like to roam around on FT4 and FT8 when time allows.

I'm close to GB7CW so often use that repeater when mobile locally, usually monitoring BM 2356 Talkin' Wales chat group.

Take care & 73
    Carl 2W0HQA

2R0HQA Bridgent, Wales
    73 Al 4L5A
Working...
X