X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

How to know a coming call when using a manpack radio

Hi experts,

I am a newer of Radio technology. And I never used or saw a real manpack radio. So it seems a very stupid question for you. But please help explain for me.

A soldier is carrying a manpack radio with handset and marching, and his commander in the base make a call to him. As you know, the sound of handset is low. How can the soldier hear the call? If there is a louder speaker on the manpack, the voice can be played by the louder speaker. But I find some manpack does't have a louder speaker on the front panel.

Best regards,
    Wells
  •  

Hi Wells
    What kind of the manpack radio you using?
    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Hi Sir,

Thank you for replying to me.

In fact, I am a hardware engineer of radio products. We are designing a WLB manpack radio product.In our product, there is a louder speaker on the front panel. And our radio can work with H250 Handset. Because we never bought a manpack product for reference, we don't know how to design the operation. So I want to get the correct information from experienced users.

Can you tell me how the normal manpack work? And if you have better solution, please don't hesitate to tell me. We can realize it in our products.

Best Regards,
      Wells
      Last edited by wells_zhu; 01-22-2018, 06:11 AM.

Comment

•  

You designing Low Band VHF or HF Manpack radio?
        Are you going to use any SelCall or ALE in that radio?
        73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

When selcall or ALE call received you hear signal from loudspeaker and as soon you start conversation loudspeaker is off and you using your H250 handset
          73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Yes, we are designing Low Band VHF Manpack radio. We will not use any SelCall or ALE in our radio by now. But if our customer require, we can do it.
            You can regard our radio as a big normal radio as moto APX7500. The difference is the frequency, RF power, and used as manpack.

Comment

•  

you not going to use any signaling for incoming call?
              73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

When selcall or ALE call received you hear signal from loudspeaker and as soon you start conversation loudspeaker is off and you using your H250 handset.

How to start the conversation? Should a hardkey be pressed? As we know, the call is real-time. If a call is received, and we don't response it, the voice is missing. So for selcall or ALE call, if we don't start conversation, will the voice be played from loudspeaker?

Comment

•  

if you using selcall loud speaker will soung for setted period of the time and user can see he have missed call.
                  73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Probably that video of Harris VHF military radio will be helpfull for you

73 Al 4L5A

Comment

Working...
                    X