X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

Iran - Ham Radio opportunities

Dears,
    Greetings from Somalia and I hope all is well at your end. I just received a piece of good news from Iran on ham radio opportunities.
    The Communications Regulatory Authority and Parsian Amateur Radio Club are opening DXpedition opportunities in historical sites on Iran.
    The first location that is being announced and available now is Shapour Citadel in Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari Province.
    They are looking for a good start and then spread the same to other very famous sites in the country i.e. Persepolis of Shiraz, Yazd, etc.
    All interested DXpeditor teams can send their request(s) for 3 to 30Mhz (standard HF bands).
    No limitation on mode of operation.
    I suppose this is a very rare and great opportunity to have a DXpedition in Iran.
    Weather condition is very good now, visa upon arrival for three month and super cheap in terms of expenses i.e. flights around 20-50$ etc. indeed it is a unique experience and opportunity.
    Requests should be submitted 3-4 month to ep3ag@yahoo.com prior to the actual operation, for coordination and obtaining the relevant license(s).
    The direct focal point and coordinator is EP3AG (ep3ag@yahoo.com) one of the amateur radio pioneers in the country.
    Looking forward to hearing from you!
    VY 73! 6O1OO/EP3CQ Ali
    73 Al 4L5A
Working...
X