Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

VP6D News 23 October 2018
    - It's been raining, we're waterlogged. In 24 hours we expect a significant storm to pass through, with heavy rainfall and up to 25 knot winds with potential for stronger gusts.

- We had some problems with the BGANs dropping off the satellite which is why DXA has occasionally not been updating in real time. We presume this is due to the WX and wet foliage. We moved both BGANs into the HQ tent, they seem to be performing better.

- We worked on the log this morning, over 27,000 Qs, 9,900 unique calls, 4,000 FT8 Qs, 141 DXCC entities.

- We know some FT8 Qs are not in the log yet, working that problem.

- FT8 odd/even resolved (we think), Control Key conflict between programs.

- Pileups continue to be energetic and reasonably well behaved. One request on SSB, please do not call over the station we're working.

- The team is doing their best to get you in the log.

- Trying to get the EME antenna assembled before the WX moves in.

- Keep the pilot reports coming in.

Team Ducie 2018
    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

VP6D News 2018-10-24 23:08:59Z:

We are working on an issue with our on-island network. Currently, CW QSOs may not be appearing on DXA. We're working on it!
      73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

25 Oct 2018 02:40z real VP6D operation on 160m? somehow QSO not shows on logsearch.
        Any info about pirate operation this time on 160m? Anybody else missed their QSo 25 Oct ~02:40-03:00z?

Comment

• 4L5A
          4L5A commented
          Editing a comment
          There was a note that states some contacts did not get uploaded due to the network being taken out due to rain, wind, and storm conditions.
          There is number of QSOs not appear in log also missed after 03z
      •  

VP6D News 25 October 2018
        The rain stopped and our tents and clothes are drying off.
        Important Request:
        We know Ducie is an ATNO for many DXers.
        However, we are seeing far too many dupes. People are working us and a few minutes later working us again, the ops are getting a bit frustrated.
        DXA availability depends on 2 Ducie Island networks that are subject to intermittent outage. If either network drops out DXA does not do a refresh to pick up missing calls.
        Please check the VP6D log at: pdxg.net before duping us on the same band / mode. We really need your help with this request. We have at least 7 more days on the island.
        VP6D will be operating the contest during CQWW SSB, good luck in the contest.
        All stations are operational, all antennas are in good condition.
        Thanks for your help.
        Team Ducie 2018
        73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Thanks info Al. Do I need to contact them again for one more QSO on 160? They are crying about too many dupes... I do not like make dupe QSO's. But seems I will need to do that again till I'l be in the log...

Comment

• 4L5A
            4L5A commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Andrius!
            You know its difficult to give advise in that situation
            They asking to be patience and wait for log
            I know there are many other people work them on the same time UA4CC, UA4CR, UX1UA, RD3AW, KC8P, IZ8DDL ......
            No one of them in the log
            I dont know what to do I think if QSOs will not appear today you need to try to work them again.
            There is no word from team that there is problem with particular 160m log and we know Top Band is most difficult for Europe
            Lets hope QSOs will be in log today when they will refresh log

• 4L5A
            4L5A commented
            Editing a comment
            Andrius I just check UA4CC, UA4CR QSOs are in the log
            Im sorry but your QSO not :-(
            I hope it will appear letter but probably you will need to try to work them again

• 4L5A
            4L5A commented
            Editing a comment
            Dear Andrius!
            I just check
            You in Log on 160m
            My Congratulations!!!!!!!!!
        •  

Message from VP6D Team on DXA

2018-10-25 17:00:11Z: Sun is out on Ducie Island today, Thursday. We are drying out after a deluge and high winds yesterday. The weather knocked out our wireless link across the island for a while which was why some CW and RTTY QSOs were not appearing in DXA. These will not show up if you search DXA, but you can check at the VP6D website where we upload full logs one or more times a day.
          73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

VP6D News 26 October 2018
            We made an error in yesterday's report.

- DXA does catch up after a network outage, DXA is reflecting the N1MM log. There still may be some FT8 contacts that didn't get uploaded, this is work in progress.

-We are close to 60,000 QSOs, another log update in a few hours, when we should have a better count.

- At least 6 more full days of operation planned.

- Last night VP6D made the first ever 6 meter EME contacts from Ducie Island. 5 contacts are in the log EME, we'll try again tonight.

- Based on over the air comments, we are being told a lot of ATNOs were made.

More to follow when the team provides their morning update.

Team Ducie 2018
            73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

VP6D News 27 October 2018
              - We continue to operate on all bands that are are open.

- Earlier today we took the N1MM log, merged all the FT8 logs, and uploaded to our log server at VP6D.com ~81,000 QSOs. We will do a complete log analysis and audit after we leave Ducie.

- 6m EME - last night we made 3 more contacts. We will continue operating 6 m EME on moonrise for another few nights.

- We created an island exit plan with the skipper of the Braveheart. In order to make the once-a-week flight from Mangareva to Tahiti we will begin the tear down process as follows:

Weds 31 Oct: Remove 6 m EME antenna and 160 antenna

Thursday 1 Nov: Begin tear down of CW and SSB camps, antennas, etc

Remove all non essential equipment from the island.

Friday 2 Nov: Remove sleeping tents and move all DX-pedition equipment to the Braveheart

Leave the island approx 15:00 (local)

Depart Ducie 18:00 (local) after stowing all equipment on Braveheart

Above plan dependent on the weather remaining calm.

Team Ducie 2018
              73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

VP6D News 28 October 2018
                2018-10-28 14:29:38Z:
                Sunday morning on Ducie Island.
                We have made the on-island network more robust which has improved uploads from our CW camp which is a kilometer from the main camp.
                Weather permitting, we will have another four days operation from Ducie.
                73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

We will operate 160m FT8 in Fox / Hound mode, 1.839mhz.

We're making this change because of the incredibly high number of callers on 160.

Team Ducie 2018
                  73 Al 4L5A

Comment

Working...
                  X