Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4L5A
    replied
    Warrillow VK3SN will be holidaying on Christmas Island for a week from 23 September 2022 and, as a member of the Christmas Island Amateur Radio Club (CIARC), will activate VK9XX most afternoons and evenings (plus some early mornings) local time on bands 80-10m, mainly on FT8 with a little SSB and WSPR. See QRZ com look up for VK9XX or vk3sn net to check for updates and additional details.
    73 Stephen Warrillow, VK3SN.

Leave a comment:

• 4L5A
    replied
    VK9XX Christmas Island QSL Card.

VK9XX Christmas Island QSL Card

Leave a comment:

• 4L5A
    replied
    Steve, VK6SJ planning to start his VK9XX activity from Christmas Island on 28 May 2021.

Leave a comment:

• 4L5A
    replied
    Steve Kennedy, VK6SJ will be active as VK9XX from Christmas Island, IOTA OC - 002, 7 - 28 May 2021.
    He will operate on 80, 40, 30m FT8 only.
    QSL via EB7DX.
    Ads for direct QSL:
    DAVID LIANEZ FERNANDEZ, P.O.BOX 163, 21080, HUELVA, Spain.
    Information from his qrz page:
    Between the 7th and 28th May, I will be on Christmas Island (VK9X - OC-002) for work and will also be taking the radio, as well as a vertical antenna. This will also be mostly outside working hours and focused on 80,40 & 30m and probably only FT8. Hard copy cards for this will go through EB7DX. My call sign on Christmas Island will be VK9XX.

Leave a comment:

• 4L5A
    replied
    VK9XX is the Christmas Island Amateur Radio club and here to support the community by encouraging higher understanding of technology and training for potential new hams.
    We encourage and support visiting amateurs especially DXers and willing to assist where ever possible any mounting/masts that might reduce their planned costs and make their stay more inviting.
    We welcome all visitors...cheers
    73s Douglas VK9JD Founding President

Leave a comment:

• 4L5A
    started a topic VK9XX - Christmas Island

VK9XX - Christmas Island

Hi Guys
    Not sure how we can do this but I would like to notify your site's members that there is now an amateur club CIARC VK9XX on Christmas Island waiting for visitors and ready to assist where we can.
    If you have a spot for clubs/us I have included tourism and tour managers for accommodation/transit bookings.
    Probably best links for the moment are ...
    WIA at http://www.wia.org.au/clubs/vk9/Chri...teurRadioClub/ and ... Tourism at https://www.christmas.net.au/experiences/amateur-radio
    Thank you
    Douglas VK9JD

VK9XX Christmas Island

Christmas Island. Author - Kate Taylor.
Working...
X